It's the third week of the Spring Writing Bootcamp, and this is my second check-in. Although last week didn't go quite as planned, I did make good progress on my revisions. It's a bit frustrating because I'm not checking off completed chapters very quickly, but I'm trying to remind myself that the changes I'm making are important, big changes and it is still progress. Even if things are going slower than I would like.
My goals in italics, followed by how I did:
01. During the week, daily writing parties or Word Sprints (I signed up for one Wednesday at 8pm EST if you want to join!).
02. Keep my Pinterest story board updated (to help me stay motivated & inspired).
I've added a few images, but not a ton. This week, I worked on a scene set in a forest, and since I've already pinned A LOT of forest images, I was all set. Still, here's the visual (since I can't help but add an image to my blog posts!):
03. No writing on weekends. Recharge with outside time and little to no time at the computer.
I rocked this one! I spent most of my time outside this weekend (hiking and working in the yard, mostly), and it definitely helped clear my mind.
04. Monday check-ins on the blog, Friday progress pics on Twitter.
Hmm. Right. About that. I totally forgot to post a photo on Friday! Oops.
05. Staying up-to-date (emailing, Twittering) with my Accountability Team.
I have an amazing accountability team (Go Team Kang!). We're getting to know each other through emails, plus checking in on Twitter. So a yes to #5. :)
That's my update! I hope your writing is going well!
P.S. You'll find the other Spring Writing Bootcamp participant check-ins here.